"Captain" Kasey

"Captain" Kasey
This is me on my boat when I first got it.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Background

Hello,

I have been sailing one time for about a week. My Aunt took us on the Chesapeake Bay. I loved it. I remember hanging off the side and getting splashed by the waves. That's it. The extent of my "sailing" experience. Oh yeah, I also had a canoe for several years.....

So, a few months ago, my friend had a dinner party. He lives on a catamaran. We spent the afternoon and evening eating and sitting on the boat. Watched an amazing sunset and moonrise. The sky was spectacular! He told me that he just anchors the boat and that you don't have to pay rent or anything. Anyone can live on a boat anywhere in the world for free! I was hooked. I decided that was the life for me.

So I spent the next month or so reading books and looking for boats online. I decided on a sailboat since gas for the motor boats is expensive. I am wanting to have a completely naturally powered boat. Solar and wind.

So, two months later I won a bid on ebay for a Cal 27. $1500.00 Sweet! I now own a boat. It was in Melbourne Florida, about a 4hr drive from South Beach. Not far, shouldn't be too hard to get here..... so it begins! The adventures of "Captain" Kasey!


2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to learn to sail. I have sailed on my in-laws sailboat, a guppy, I believe it was 22'. We sailed on the Potomac and in the Chesapeake and it was certainly a lot of fun!
    Have fun with the sailboat and please post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RW. lol, I am definitely going to post pics. They are stuck on my phone right now. I have to take my phone into a store on Monday, they couldn't fix it over the phone. As soon as it's fixed there will be pictures!

    ReplyDelete